Anyone who travels a lot understands how stressful it can be. There are so many different things to take care of: hotel reservations, flight reservations, packing your belongings, etc. You shouldn’t have to worry about your home security while you are away.
If you’re a homeowner who travels a lot, you need a reliable, convenient security system. Below we’ll discuss two solutions that will help to keep your home secure so you can focus on what you are doing.
Alarms that are Monitored
For homeowners who travel frequently, monitored alarms work very well. In an emergency, here’s how they work:
- The alarm is triggered, and sounds are made. Occupants and intruders are alerted about the emergency.
- An emergency signal is then sent to a center that monitors with operators available around the clock.
- An operator from the center gives you a call to verify the emergency.
- If the alarm has been triggered by real intruders, the operator calls for help and notifies your personal emergency contacts.
Mobile Solutions for Home
One of the most important aspects of the home mobile system is remote control capabilities. Using home mobile apps, homeowners can:
- Control the security system, arm, and disarm – This is so that you can control your home while you are away.
- Create arming schedules that are automatic – You can create automatic systems around your lifestyle. This way, you won’t have to worry about your system being armed, and you won’t have to worry about accidentally triggering it.
- Have a look at activity reports – These will allow you to see if windows or doors have been opened.
- Watch live video of your home – With cameras installed, you can see your home in real time.
- Control lights and thermostats – This will allow you to lower your energy bill.
Regardless of your reason for travel, traveling can be a stressful activity. The last thing you want to be worried about is your home. With these security solutions, you can rest assured that your home is safe.